Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-761-7383
Phone: 530-899-7178
Ledgerwood Law Group

Depression is common in disability claims, we have compiled a list of resources for Butte County, Glenn County, Tehama County, Lassen County, Sutter County, Plumas County and Shasta County

As referenced in the March Issue of Safe Harbor, in the article titled Surviving Depression in a Disability Claim, below are a list of resources for people struggling to survive their disability claim.


Butte & Glenn County

Adult Crisis Intervention Services (24 hour hotlines)

Toll free 800-334-6622

Local      530-891-2810


Chico Adult Outpatient Center

560 Cohasset Road #175 Chico   530-891-2784


Oroville Adult Outpatient

18 County Center Drive, Oroville 530-538-7705


Gridley Community Counseling Center

995 Spruce, Gridley         530-846-7305


Paradise Treatment Center

805 Cedar Street, Paradise           530-877-5845

**Services provided for substance abuse, group counseling, referrals to in-patient substance abuse centers.**


Butte County Department of Employment & Social Services

78 Table Mountain Blvd, Oroville               530-538-7711

2445 Carmichael Drive, Chico                      530-879-3479

**Provides cash, medical, CalFresh benefits to eligible families and individuals.**


Caring Choices Emergency Food Closet

1398 Ridgewood Drive, Chico      866-703-3873

**Provides free boxes of food for low income individuals, families, seniors, and disabled persons**


HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program)

**Provides assistance to low-income persons by paying one utility bill per year.  Funding available for PG&E customers.  Assistance is provided by the purchasing of wood & propane depending on program funding levels.**


Greater Oroville Homeless Coalition

Emergency help for homeless. 534-6017

**Assistance with housing issues and other emergency needs for homeless individuals and families. Talk with a volunteer at the Hope Center Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am-1pm.**


Help for People

5533-A Skyway, Paradise 872-4357

**Emergency groceries, referrals to social service agencies and vouchers for clothes for Paradise area residents and transients. TTh 9am-4pm.**


Oroville Rescue Mission

4250 Lincoln Blvd, Oroville 530-533-9120

**Overnight beds, showers, breakfast/lunch/dinner, food boxes for families with children, Bible classes, church service. Also live-in drug and alcohol recovery program. **

• Men’s Shelter 534-9541 • Women’s Shelter 533-0351 • Food Distribution - M, T, W 1-3 pm


Paradise Ridge Family

Resource Center 530-872-3896

6249 Skyway, Paradise

**Case management, counseling, basic needs assistance, parent support services, resources and referrals. Food distribution M, W, Th, F 10am-4pm. Tuesdays 11am-6pm; once every 90 days.  **


Salvation Army

• 567 E. 16th Street , Chico 530-342-2199

• 5796 Clark Rd. #14, Paradise 530-872-1534

• 1640 Washington, Oroville 530-534-9558

**Food, clothing, transportation, utility bill assistance, prescriptions, referrals and information; disaster relief. **


Depression Bipolar Support Alliance

295 E. Washington, Rm. 6, Chico 530-566-4380

**Support for those struggling with depression or bipolar disorder. **


Emotions Anonymous

First Congregational Church

1190 E. 1st Ave, Chico 530-332-5250

**12-step support group for learning to manage recovery from emotional distress. Meets weekly.**


Butte Regional Transit (B-Line)

B-Line Bus Service -Schedules & Route Info

 Chico/Paradise 530-342-0221

Toll free 1-800-822-8145

**Regional public transit system. Use B-Line to travel locally in Chico, Oroville, Paradise, or to travel between communities throughout Butte County, 7 days a week.**



**Dial 511 from your phone to find transportation services in the Sacramento region and Butte County, including a way for you to connect with other people interested in commuting in a carpool or van pool.**

Tehama County

Tehama County Health Services Agency

Mental Health Division

Medi-Cal Mental Health Plan

1860 Walnut Street

Red Bluff, CA 96080

(530) 527-5631

Fax (530) 527-0232

Toll free 1-800-240-3208


Crisis services are available 24 hours daily

Call 1-800-240-3208 or (530) 527-5637


TCMHP Community Crisis Response Unit

Fax: (530) 527-0249

**Services offered include: Crisis intervention, Psychiatric evaluation, Medication evaluation, information and referral School services**

Tehama County Mental Health provides services for those who are recipients of Medi-Cal, however, there are a range of services for those without insurance as well.  Fees are based on income and a sliding scale.  Stabilization and referral services are offered to all residence in crisis 24/7 regardless of payment source.

Lassen County

Crisis line – 24/7

Toll free: 888-289-5004

Local: 530-257-5004

**Provides resources and referrals for the following crisis situations: suicide, depression, child physical and sexual abuse, domestic violence, family problems, alcohol and drug abuse, and information on all social service agencies in Lassen County.  **


Lassen County Mental Health Department

24 hour crisis intervention

Business hours 8 A.M. – 5 P.M. Monday – Friday

Local 530-251-8108

24 hr Emergency 888-530-8688

Sliding scale fee, and Medi-Cal accepted

555 Hospital Lane

Susanville, CA

**Services Provided: Emergency and Crisis Intervention**


California State Department of Rehabilitation

170 B Russell Avenue

Susanville, CA


Services: Vocational rehabilitation for disabled persons

Eligibility: Anyone with a physical or mental disability

Hours: 8AM-12PM & 1PM – 5PM Monday – Friday


Lassen Works and Social Services                            Lassen Career Network

720 Richmond Road                                                        1616 Chestnut  

Susanville, CA                                                                    Susanville, CA

530-251-8152                                                                     530-251-5057

**Services provided: referral and resource for full range of services including financial assistance, supplemental food programs, adult protective services.**

Eligibility: most programs based on age, income, and/or property limits

Sutter County

24-Hour Crisis Services

Local: 530-673-8255

Toll Free: 888-923-3800

Psychiatric Emergency

**Provides 24 hour evaluation and assistance to individuals experiencing severe emotional distress or acute problems related to psychiatric disabilities. Interested parties can call (530) 673-8255 or 1-888-923-3800 for all psychiatric emergency questions or drop in at 1965 Live Oak Boulevard, Yuba City, CA.**

Plumas County

Crisis Line

Local 530-283-4333

Toll Free: 877-332-2754

The Resource Center

591 West Main Street

Quincy, CA 95971

M-F 9am-5pm


**Services: emergency shelter, rent and utility assistance, food bank vouchers, monthly commodity food items, universal lifeline telephone services and medical & gas vouchers.**

Shasta County

24 hour Crisis

Local 530-225-5252

Toll free 800-273-8255

Adult Mental Health

2640 Breslauer Way        2889 East Center Street

Redding, CA                       Anderson, CA

530-225-5200                     530-378-6840

*Walk-ins- 8:30am-5:00pm.  After hours you must go to an emergency room*

General Assistance Resources

**Provides three months of cash assistance to eligible, employable adults and provides longer-term assistance to eligible adults who are temporarily disabled or who are awaiting a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) approval.**

Locations and hours:

Eligibility & Employment Services, Cascade       Eligibility and Employment Services, Burney

2460 Breslauer Way, Redding                                36911 Main Street/Hwy 299E, Burney

Phone: 877-652-0731                                                 Phone: 530-335-5576, 530-335-4522 or 877-652-0731

Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM – 5 PM                        Monday – Friday: 8 AM –5 PM

**Eligible adult residents who are employable or have a disability; various property and income restrictions apply; temporary and permanent disabilities must be verified by physician. To be eligible adults must have resided in the county for a minimum of 15 days.**

Thomas Ledgerwood
Connect with me
Proprietor Ledgerwood Law Group