Glenn Workers’ Compensation Attorney: Know the Pertinent Questions to Ask When Hiring an Attorney for Your Case
Once you’ve decided to hire a Glenn workers’ compensation attorney to help you with your claim, you’ll want to schedule an initial consultation with a few of your top prospects. Experienced attorneys will almost meet with you this first time at no cost, because they appreciate that this is the important aspect of their potential client’s decision process.
Once you’ve scheduled the initial consultation, start thinking about what you’d like to find out during the conversation. Make a list of questions you’d like to ask and traits you’d like the attorney working for you to have.
To get you started, we’ve compiled a few questions we believe have helped clients get the most out of an initial consultation.
Background & General Practice Information
- How long have you been practicing law?
- Does your firm have any other practice areas? How much of your firm is devoted to workers’ compensation?
- How many workers’ compensation cases would you say you handle in a year?
- Have you represented clients in similar situations with similar injuries in the past?
- What is your approach in handling workers’ compensation claims?
- What is your success rate?
- How do you stay current on changes in California workers’ compensation law?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of my case?
- How much would you say my case is worth?
- What are my options in handling my case?
- Do you see my employer’s insurance carrier settling easily?
- Are there any potential issues that may delay my claim?
- How long until I start seeing money?
- How do you typically handle decision-making with your clients? Will you give me pertinent details in a situation and expect me to decide on my own, or will you advise me on the best path to take?
Handling Your Case
- Will you be the attorney representing me?
- Will you be the only attorney working on my case?
- Who will be my regular contact for day-to-day questions and concerns?
- What contact method do you prefer? How long does it generally take for you to return calls?
- What percentage will you take from my final award?
- Do I owe you anything if we do not win?
- Are there any other legal expenses I’m responsible for?
In many cases, a good Glenn workers’ compensation attorney will answer many of these questions as part of the introductory information at a free consultation. Ready to get the process started? Call our offices toll-free at 888-761-7383 or fill out the online contact form. Be sure to request a copy of our FREE book, The Northern California Workers’ Compensation Survival Manual.