Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-761-7383
Phone: 530-899-7178
Ledgerwood Law Group

I was just hurt on the job and found out that my employer does not carry workers' compensation insurance! Is there somewhere this can be reported?

Yes!  You may report an uninsured employer to the nearest office of the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.  The offices are also listed in the state government section of the white pages of your local telephone directory under industrial relations, labor standards enforcement.  Remember, it is California law that an employer either purchase workers’ compensation coverage or become self insured, should an employee be hurt on the job. If you discover that neither is in place, it would be a good idea to also file a claim for benefits with the state's Uninsured Employers' Benefit Trust Fund (UEBTF) so you can retain coverage for your Medial Treatment of your industrial injury.
Thomas Ledgerwood
Connect with me
Proprietor Ledgerwood Law Group