Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-761-7383
Phone: 530-899-7178
Ledgerwood Law Group

I just learned of California’s Supplemental Job Displacement Benefits (SJDB) program and think I might qualify for a $6,000 voucher for assistance with retraining and my job search. However, after I was awarded partial permanent disability in Butte, my employer offered me a different job. For several reasons, I didn’t accept it. Does this mean I can still get the voucher?


If your employer met the state’s requirements for offering you different work after being awarded permanent partial disability in Butte, you will not be eligible for the voucher. Let’s take a quick look at those requirements.

First, any offer of regular, modified, or alternative employment must be offered within the state deadline. For industrial injuries that happened between 1/1/2004 and 12/31/2013, jobs must be offered within 30 days of your last temporary disability payment. For industrial injuries that happened on or after 1/1/2013, jobs must be offered within 60 days of receipt by the claims administrator of the Physician’s Return-to-Work & Voucher Report.

Modified or alternative employment must:

  • Be one you have the capacity to perform
  • Be a regular position lasting at least 12 months
  • Offer compensation of at least 85% of what you were paid at the time of your injury
  • Can be reasonably accessed from your residence at the time of the injury.


Struggling to navigate the workers’ compensation claims process? Don’t wait any longer, talk to a Butte workplace injury attorney today. Call the Ledgerwood Law Group toll-free at 888-761-7383 to learn more. Also, request our helpful free guide, The Northern California Workers’ Compensation Survival Manual.