Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-761-7383
Phone: 530-899-7178
Ledgerwood Law Group

I was hurt at work, how do I file a workers' compensation claim?

First, you must report the injury to your employer, supervisor or Human Resources department right away. There are statutes that you could miss if you do not file timely, so be sure to notify the employer as soon as possible. The employer is supposed to supply you with a form called a DWC-1 that you must fill out and have them sign indicating the nature of your injury, and we recommend you keep a personal copy of this. Then your employer is to direct you to a doctor for treatment, and the employer will contact their workers' compensation insurance carrier to begin your claim.
Thomas Ledgerwood
Connect with me
Proprietor Ledgerwood Law Group