Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-761-7383
Phone: 530-899-7178
Ledgerwood Law Group

I feel I'm being discriminated at work since filing my workers' compensation claim, can I do anything about it?

This depends greatly on what exactly the act(s) of discrimination may be, but if it is determined to be consistent and/or severe enough, you may be able to file what is called a 132(a) claim against your employer in addition to your workers’ compensation claim.  For example, a 132(a) claim can be filed when an employer threatens to demote or terminate an employee for filing a workers’ compensation claim.  A 132(a) claim may also be filed for various other reasons, such as being belittled, humiliated, harassed, or otherwise strongly mistreated in the workplace by an employer, for or since, filing a workers’ compensation claim.  This can become very complex, and should be discussed in detail with an attorney in order to help determine if you qualify for filing such an action. 
Thomas Ledgerwood
Connect with me
Proprietor Ledgerwood Law Group