Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-761-7383
Phone: 530-899-7178
Ledgerwood Law Group

Can I file a claim if I am an undocumented citizen, or if I am paid in cash?

Yes. All California workers injured on the job, including undocumented workers and workers paid “under the table,” are eligible for workers' compensation benefits in California. However, if you do not have immigration papers and you are injured, you may only receive benefits to cover the cost of medical treatment and, in some cases, lost wages, but not job retraining benefits.
Thomas Ledgerwood
Connect with me
Proprietor Ledgerwood Law Group