Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-761-7383
Phone: 530-899-7178
Ledgerwood Law Group

Can I change my doctor if I do not like my current Primary Treating Physician (PTP)?


Yes, in most cases you have a right to find a difference PTP within the insurance carriers Medical Provider Names (MPN) List, or a doctor of your choosing that takes workers' compensation, should your carrier not have an MPN list. Please note, however, the down side of this is that the amount of these PTP's are severely dwindling in California, so it will be difficult to find another doctor who would be willing to see you for workers’ compensation.

Thomas Ledgerwood
Connect with me
Proprietor Ledgerwood Law Group