Q: Am I required to hire a Northern California SSDI attorney when I file for Social Security disability benefits?
No. You aren't obligated to hire legal representation at any point in the disability claims process, even if your claim requires a disability hearing or goes before federal district court.
If you are one person in a small percentage of individuals with a severe disability that exactly fits the description in the SSA's guidelines, you may not have any problems at all receiving a favorable decision. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of claimants will not fall under that category. Up to 70% of applicants will be denied the first time they apply.
However, whether you're filing your initial SSDI claim or deep in the appeals process, there are a number of advantages to working with a North Valley Social Security lawyer. Some of these include:
- Correctly filling out and filing paperwork within necessary timeframes.
- Monitoring the status of your claim as it moves through the system.
- Communicating with you about where you are in the decision process.
- Telling you what information you need from your healthcare providers.
- Making a compelling and carefully documented case for California disability court.
- Using their experience and understanding of the disability benefits system to improve your odds of the best possible outcome at every level of the application process.
If you're ready to talk with a Northern California disability benefits attorney about any aspect of your SSDI case, call the Ledgerwood Law Group toll-free at 888-761-7383. Don't wait another day.